18 and almost 19(in four months ) , can i grow taller , my brother , 5 years younger to me is almost my height(165 cms)?

2 doctor answers
45 years experience Pediatrics
Depends on variables: Most males finish their growth by age 17-18. Growth centers in the long bones respond to the hormones of puberty by closing at a predictable pace.An x-ray of your wrist and hand can be assessed for growth plates and if more like a 14-15 yo you could expect more growth.If your growth plates have closed, you are done.
Answered on Jan 6, 2014
Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
May be too late but: I am sorry to tell you that most men stop growing around age 18- but occasionally some will grow until age 21 or so. Taking measures to increase your production of growth hormone might help, but if your growth plates have closed (like most 18 yo's) then you've reached your max. See "http://www.Thebodywellusa.Com/blog/dr-mike-carraghers-top-10-ways-to-increase-your-human-growth-hormone-hgh-levels".
Answered on Dec 29, 2014