U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

Occasional dizziness for 5 seconds after standing up, followed by ringing in ear and a sharp pain on my top right side of my head.should i see a doc?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Dizziness: Yes, you should see a doctor. The dizziness could be from standing up too quickly and a drop in your blood pressure, but could be a sign of other issues, which need to be more thoroughly evaluated. The ringing in the ear and pain that you described may be an associated symptom but also needs further exploration.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.