New York, NY

my doctor just lowered my seroquel (quetiapine) xr 200mg to 100xr mg. i feel depressed and my skin is itching me . is this a temporary feeling for a couple days?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Symptoms vs allergy: Seroquel (quetiapine) xr has significant antidepressant effects as well as antihistamine effects. Lowering can have withdrawal effects which might resolve in a week or so but as the dose is low it might not be enough for depression (you're not on an another antidepressant). Fluconazole may have higher allergy risk which antihistamines might keep in check. Tell you md about these sx.