A member asked:

I have extremely itchy ears, that spread to neck & face. i have a swollen gland/lump beside the jaw bone (right under my earlobe). what can this be?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Vicki Levine answered

Specializes in Dermatology

If you wear earrings and have this rash you may be allergic to the nickel in the earrings. See a dermatologist or your general doctor who can prescribe a cortisone cream and stop wearing the earrings till the rash has gone away. You may want to go have patch testing done at a dermatologist office to see if you are allergic to nickel. There are earrings made of titanium is rare to be allergic to.

Answered Dec 21, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor