Canada

I have extremely itchy ears, that spread to neck & face. i have a swollen gland/lump beside the jaw bone (right under my earlobe). what can this be?

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 41 years experience
Possible allergy: If you wear earrings and have this rash you may be allergic to the nickel in the earrings. See a dermatologist or your general doctor who can prescribe a cortisone cream and stop wearing the earrings till the rash has gone away. You may want to go have patch testing done at a dermatologist office to see if you are allergic to nickel. There are earrings made of titanium is rare to be allergic to.

Last updated Dec 21, 2013