I got a load of midge bites on my head 2 days ago, they v itchy. now glands in neck and behind my ears are now swollen and painful. is this normal?

Dr. Michael Segal
Some what common: Biting midges are small insects that have piercing and sucking mouth parts, belong to the family of flies that are called Certoponidae. There is a more severe reaction that you may show especially if you have been bitten before and if you have any disorder with your immune system. The bite may result into: large swollen areas appear red, Low degree of fever, Swelling of lymph nodes and hives.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2021