I was prescribed an inhaler by my doctor it seems like my breathing has gotten worse and i start wheezing earlier on in my exercise. is this normal?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Old addage: "All that wheezes is not asthma". Make sure you trust the diagnosis. Albuterol should help if you have exercise induced asthma. In some cases, responsiveness to albuterol will decrease over time. In these cases, montelukast seems to be a particularly good option (better than in other types of asthma). Keep your physician up to date and thanks for trusting HealthTap.

Last updated Apr 8, 2015