U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

What to do if a recent eye exam and the doctor diagnosed me with granular corneal dystrophy. are they the same thing or different things?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Wieder
Ophthalmology 37 years experience
Corneal dystrophies: Are conditions which are typically inherited from your parents. They cause scarring of the corneas, or front surface of your eyes. Granular dystrophy is one type of this condition. The dystrophies can affect your vision to a variable extent, depending on the severity of the scarring.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 26, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.