U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saudi Arabia
A 34-year-old male asked:

I have scar in the middle of my left cornea and i have lost almost 75% of my vision of left eye, as per my doctor it can be treated, please advise?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 31 years experience
Treatment possible: Steroid eye drops may thin the scar with time, depending on the status of vision correction treatment called ltk may be possible. If the scar is advanced the only way to remove it is with a cornea transplant.
Dr. Richard Witlin
LASIK Surgery 47 years experience
Probably: depending on the reason for the scar and its exact location, corneal surgery or even a corneal transplant can often be done. You need to try to find a good corneal surgeon and go for a consult

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 1, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.