A member asked:

Son has muscular dystrophy. school had an eye exam and they made a note that his eye lids are drooping a little over his pupils. should he be seen by his doctor?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. John Baker answered

Specializes in Neurology

MD: I would have him see an eye physician...Not only due to ptosis (eyelid drooping) which can be helped with minor surgery but also for cataracts and other ophthalmalogic problems associated with various muscular dystrophies....

Answered 7/2/2013



Related Questions

A member asked:

Hi doctors, was just wondering what is congenital muscular dystrophy?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers