Albany, GA

Whats the maximum dose on geodon (ziprasidone)? i used to be on geodon (ziprasidone) i took 60mg 2 at night to sleep what are other sleep meds that can be used as a combo with it

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
160 mg Geodon (ziprasidone) max,: But I have known academic psychiatrists who have used doses up to 320mg a day. The pdr recommends max of 160 mg a day. Any of the standard benzodiazepine sleeping meds like Restoril (temazepam) or the z -drugs like zaleplon, zolpidem, etc can be used with it. I would avoid trazodone. Seroquel is not recommended with it due to the risk of developing a heart arrhythmia that could be fatal. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Geodon (ziprasidone): 60 mg two tabs means 120 mg at one time. Geodon (ziprasidone) is usually given twice a day with food for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Maximum 80 mg twice a day are given in some situations. No study to show 100mg twiceaday is more efficacious.For sleep med and Geodon (ziprasidone) i suggest you to see psychiatrist who is professional in this matter.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014