i really want to stop taking ritalin (methylphenidate) for my adhd. my mom and my doctor won't let me stop taking the ritalin (methylphenidate)?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
Children's rights: Minors have rights regarding medical care, but it's complicated by the important issue of parental responsibility. Do you think the adults want to help, but just disagree on how? Might you find an adult ally at school who can help you negotiate? If you feel alone and un-cared for you might get advise from a national hot-line 1-800-4-a-child on how to get support - but mom might be right - often is.
Answered on Jun 29, 2020