my boyfriend and i want a baby, would it be safe to get pregnant while i'm suffering from graves' disease?

Dr. Philip Kern
42 years experience Endocrinology
Graves pregnancy: The graves hyperthyroidism can be controlled, but once you become pregnant, then the use of drugs becomes more difficult. Talk to your endocrinologist. One strategy would be to ablate your thyroid with radioactive iodine, or surgically remove the thyroid, prior to pregnancy.
Answered on Dec 11, 2013
1
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
I agree. I would get the Graves dealt with, get you back to a normal state of health before you try to get pregnant. You have many years of health ahead of you. There is no rush.
Dec 11, 2013