Australia

Hi, i had 4 ct scans including one headfew few chest x-rays in last four years i know it ' a too much radiation what should i do know to prevent any d?

Dr. Clarence Lyons
Difficult question : With some people we do have to do quite a few tests that can expose them to radiation. I would not worry about it too much as your doctor should keep up with it. Ask your doctor is you are concerned.
Pathology 44 years experience
Stop worrying: Ash, the radiation you get from a CT scan is about the same as the extra amount that an airline pilot gets each year because of his/her work, and about a 1/17th of what's considered safe for a year for a radiation workers. Nobody's showed increased cancer in either group. Truth is, I'm glad you got the imaging studied you needed. You should ignore crooked doctor-bashing websites.

Last updated Jul 21, 2015