Miami, FL

Light headed 4 the past 3 days it's continuos and no cause. took zofran (ondansetron) didn't work! not pregnant and blood sugar fine. pls tell me causes & what to do.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Need doctor visit: I'm sorry, but for this problem you need to see a doctor. You've listed "high blood pressure" in your information, but no anti-hypertensive medications. Also you list chest pain. If the problem causing your light-headedness is heart or blood pressure related, zofran (ondansetron) will have no use at all. Have you had nausea or vomiting? Dehydration can cause it too. If it's severe, please go to er.
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Check with doctor: You may want to check with your physician about the possible causes. Generally, zofran (ondansetron) doesn't work for dizziness. It is used more for nausea/vomiting.Possible things to check out include the blood pressure-make sure it is not too high or too low. Then, a middle ear infection can also cause dizziness as it affects the vestibular system.If this seems to be the source, then you may need ENT referral.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014