I have oily skin but i don't have major acne either. i would like to have laser hair treatment on my face, is it safe to do on my kind of skin?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
Depends: The oil and acne aren't great factors its more important to establish your fitzpatrick score. It grades skin from i to vi . Gr i is pale light eyes can't tan, gr iii middle road ( italian) can get tan vi african american. The higher the number the more " sensitive" you will be to the laser. If you are gr iv-vi make sure they are well trained, have a system that is acceptable for iv-vi.

Last updated Apr 23, 2014