U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

I need help i have allergic rhinitis and maybe conjunctivitis from same pollen?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Asim Piracha
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Antihistamines work: I would start with an otc allergy medication to treat both conditions. If the conjunctivitis is not relieved with the oral medications, a topical allergy drop can be added - especially if itchy eyes are the main symptom. You can start with otc drops twice a day, but if that does not relieve your symptoms you should be seen by your eye care professional for a more effective prescription med.
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Drops: There are numerous over the counter and prescription drops that can reduce or eliminate symptoms of allergies in the eye. See your eye doctor to confirm this is the problem and to get a recommendation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.