U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

How do i convince my mom to let me get help for my ocd and emetophobia?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
At age 41?: I don't know whether you've put your correct age on this question, but it appears you're 41 years old. If this is true, you do not need your mother's permission to get help for ocd or emetophobia. You are capable of making your own decisions and devoting resources to help yourself. Psychiatrists and psychologists are able to evaluate and respond to your needs. Best wishes.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.