U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

Did anyone used the blood pressure pill called "norvasc?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Fothergill
undefined 36 years experience
Yes: As a physician i've used Norvasc (amlodipine) to treat high blood pressure with some frequency. I've found it to be effective and well tolerated. It comes from a class of medications that can improve outcomes. It sometimes can cause swelling of the legs and one needs to look out for that.
Dr. Payam Mehranpour
Internal Medicine - Cardiology 23 years experience
Norvasc (amlodipine): Norvasc or amlodipine is a medication that is used to treat high blood pressure. It is a calcium channel blocker.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 2, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.