How do i know if my anxiety is normal?

Dr. Linda Kondilis
Clinical Psychology 10 years experience
Anxiety Normal?: A little anxiety can be effective and help motivate us to take action. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, that motivating anxiety is at a 1 or 2. When anxiety gets in the way of our functioning(i.e. Impacts work, relationships, etc.) then we know it's needs to be addressed.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Problem Anxiety: Once u understand problematic anxiety ; how it ticks, u might then be able 2recognize it ; call it out. ("that's my anxiety talking.") and once u learn how 2reign it in, u'll then b in position 2 act once u feel it kicking in. Key things it does: keeps u believing something bad will happen; convinces u won't be able 2handle bad thing; gets u avoiding living, doing things. See www.Anxietybc.Org.
Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Various forms...: Anxiety can show itself in various forms and to a variety of degrees. Mild anxiety is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if it is temporary and in response to a direct stimulus. Moderate to severe anxiety that is consistent and not in response to some specific identifiable trigger is more problematic regardless of whether you have an "attack." If this is you...consult with a psychologist.
Dr. Karen Butler
Can you function: There is a normal degree of anxiety. Now do you function? Do you work? Do you go to school? Do you have fm friends that you do things with? Do you eat and sleep and shower and keep yourself clean? If you do you do not suffer from a pathological anxiety