Schenectady, NY

i jog occasionally n one day after a workout my right shin began hurting a lot. now if i run the pain comes back. it feels bruised but isnt. ideas?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Pulled muscle: I'm not an orthopedist, but i suspect you pulled a muscle or tendon. The obvious solution to pain while running is to substitute a different form of exercise for awhile. If the pain persists you should see your doctor or an orthopedist.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
Shin splints: Tibial stress rxn stress fracture get it looked at once healed workout consistantly avoid peaks and valleys of activity choose swimming cycling elliptical instead of running.