United Kingdom (Great Britain)

My doc prescribed buspirone hydrochloride 10mg cos i said i have anxiety. he didn't ask any questions at all. i'm worried about side effects.

Pathology 44 years experience
Get straight talk: Both patients and physicians are trapped in dysfunctional health care systems around the world. I'm sorry your doctor-patient encounter wasn't more successful, and i hope that you are able to make a follow-up to discuss both your medication and your life situation. I'm sorry this has happened and i admire your courage in writing.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Here is what I do: I start all of my patients on 5 mg twice a day for one week, ten 10 mg twice a day for one week, then 15 mg twice a day after that. The only side effect to be concerned about is a strange dizziness that is difficult to describe. If it happens, then lower the dose down to the previous dose until it resolves before trying to raise it again. Take the highest dose up to 30mg a day you can tolerate.

Last updated Nov 26, 2013