Brooklyn, NY

If i take daily aspirin (81mg) to prevent blood clots can i get flu shot (afraid of associated reye syndrome) i am 38.

Get Ur flu shot: In the peak period of reye syndrome during the 70's it was found associated with growing kids, generally in mid childhood.When we quit giving Aspirin to kids (birth to 16) the process all but disappeared.You are not in a risk group at 38.I believe in the flu shot.I sent a newborn home with a grandparent in 2009 when her pregnant daughter died of flu at 39 weeks. It would have made a difference.

Last updated May 1, 2015