MN
A male asked:

Work overloaded not sleeping well wife took me to er vs my gp they gave me lorazapam. why would they prescibe such a potent drug vs a herbal etc.

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Anxiety: It is not a minor issue. Lorazepam is not that strong. You might try chamomile tea to begin with. Avoid caffeine and sweets, mr rabbit.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Family Medicine: This is the very reason so many in medicine are frustrated today. There was nothing in your history that required an emergency room. Your history is exactly why one has a family doctor. You need to have a relationship with your physician. They get to know you best. They can offer you options for treating your problems. Always start with your family doctor. I think you should get to them soon.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Great answer from Dr. Killian. The ER is not a place for non-emergencies. On top of that it is expensive and you are unlikely to get the intense questioning and examination that you would from your family doctor.
Nov 18, 2013
Last updated Sep 28, 2016