Lately have been feeling upset and not normal. my thoughts are going crazy. what could i do? i just want to avoid my sadness going bad.

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Albert Pizzo answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Weird thoughts: This is serious as it can be very upsetting. It would help if you could talk this over with your doctor or a trusted friend if your parents are not listening to you. This can happen to many teenagers as your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes. Write back to me if you cannot find help.

Answered 11/15/2013

4.7k views

Dr. Judith Lieberstein answered

Specializes in

Therapy : Assuming absence of physical injury, therapy may provide relief. If necessary medication e.g. Ssri's or bupropion should be considered.Ultimately, patient needs to address emotional triggers. Behavioral therapy should be considered, in addition to talk therapy.

Answered 11/15/2013

4.7k views

Dr. Donald Jacobson answered

Specializes in

Sleep apnea: If you are gasping at night, having heart palpitations and feel like your mind is going crazy, then you likely have sleep apnea. I would forget seeing a psychiatrist or therapist for now and start with a sleep specialist and an overnight polysomnogram to rule out sleep apnea to get appropriate treatment for it. Best wishes.

Answered 11/16/2013

4.7k views

Dr. Andrew Berry answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

DEPRESSION: Get an evaluation from a psychiatrist to help identify what depression means to you and whatever else may be bothering you. Consider recommendations for medication if any are given. Get a referral for a reputable psychotherapist to speak with. Meds and therapy combined are most optimal; no just one or the other.

Answered 3/28/2015

3k views