Singapore

Nutritionist told me to take vitamin b12 to help me sleep. will it work? and is 2500mcg sublingual form too large a dosage? thankyou

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
It depends, no: When someone has insomnia B12 is not the first treatment that comes to mind, but B12 is needed for our bodies to make melatonin which helps regulate sleep, so if you are deficient in B12 then taking it can improve sleep. 2500 mcg is totally safe; only a small fraction of B12 is absorbed no amount of B12 is known to be toxic. See http://bit.Ly/1hlbiaz for more on B12 deficiency.

Last updated Mar 30, 2017