Los Angeles, CA

im18i have bulging veins on my temples, one on each side, not painful but they pulsate. had them for 3 days now. normal? scared i have ta or aneurysm

Dr. Steven Hill
Probably normal: These vessels can be more superficial particularly if you are skinny. You should consider having your blood pressure checked to make sure it is in the normal range as high blood pressure can cause these symptoms - but otherwise you may be a little anxious.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Normal finding: The temporal arteries and temporal veins lie immediately adjacent to each other. During exercise or increased activity, the arteries will pulsate because of increased heart rate and flow of blood. What you are seeing is the arterial pulsation. It looks like the vein pulsating because the vein sits over the artery and can move with the artery.