Los Angeles, CA

I can feel a bulging vein or artery on my temples and when i feel them they pulsate. not that visible unless i stretch my skin. slight headaches.

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 48 years experience
Normal finding: The temporal arteries and temporal veins lie immediately adjacent to each other. During exercise or increased activity, the arteries will pulsate because of increased heart rate and flow of blood. What you are seeing is the arterial pulsation. It looks like the vein pulsating because the vein sits over the artery and can move with the artery.
Last updated Jun 8, 2019