U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old male asked:

Can anyone tell me syptoms, diet and home remedies to recover from gynecomastia?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 43 years experience
Male breasts: It is very common to develop some gynecomastia during adolescence. This usually goes away with further development, and at age 17 you likely have some filling out to complete. Best advice now is to exercise, keep your weight under control (so your chest is not full of adipose) and let natural development improve your appearance. If it is severe, see your doctor.
Dr. Jorge De la Pedraja
Plastic Surgery 28 years experience
Male breasts: Gynecomastia is enlargement of the male breasts. There are no home remedies for this. Certain meds have it as a side effect. It is also seen with marijuana use and steroids. So stay away. If the symptoms are severe then surgery can correct it.
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills commented
Urology 20 years experience
Also get your testosterone and estrogen levels checked, exercise aggressively and eat a diet rich in vegetables, low in carbs and processed food.
Nov 6, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 47-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old male asked:
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jul 4, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.