My girlfriend left me few months ago. since then i can't stop thinking about her. i feel very stressed can't sleep at night .cant get out of this?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Shattered heart: This is so painful for you. Even though you know millions have suffered through a shattered heart and survived, what you are going through is 100% personal and 100% painful. It would help to get counselling, and search out help from others that have had their heart broken. See http://www.Goodreads.Com/quotes/tag/broken-heart. It is normal to suffer as you are when a true love breaks your heart.

Answered 11/4/2013

4.8k views

Difficult loss: The loss of a romantic partner is almost always exceedingly painful and can take from months to years to overcome. Spend time talking with friends, sitting with the feelings and tolerating them, and taking care of yourself by doing things you enjoy. If you get to the point where you feel too overwhelmed, it might also help to talk to a therapist for additional support.

Answered 10/2/2015

4.8k views