Sacramento, CA

how much sodium are you suppose to have a day?

Dr. William Jakavick
Cosmetic Dentistry 37 years experience
Sodium intake: The U.S. Food and drug administration recommends that individuals consume no more than 2, 300 milligrams of sodium per day, and that certain groups limit intake to 1, 500 milligrams per day.
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Rheumatology 37 years experience
1500 mg: 1500mg is the most common recommended amount for a healthy adult your age. The maximum recommended amount is 2300mg. A healthy adult can do fine on a much lower amount. Your doctor may also recommend a different amount based on age weight, history of diabetes, renal disease, heart disease, etc.