U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

I think my mother is likely bipolar, and i don't know how to deal with it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Benson
Psychiatry 43 years experience
Bipolar parent?: The first thing, is get her accurately diagnosed. People "think" friend or family is "bipolar" for lots of reasons. Most fp's can now diagnose this or refer you to a specialist for it. If a loved one has a signficant mind disorder, think about getting help for yourself and others who love and deal with the one consider going to a nami meeting. Google this, a family and help organization for u.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.