United Kingdom

i work on building site and get dust in me eyes all day and for last through years i get stye like lumps at end of my eye kids will it be the dust .

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Ocular irritation: The type of climate you work in does predispose you to ocular irritation. Usually when something gets into the eye, like dust, your reaction is to rub the eyes which can cause irritation, contamination, damage to the delicate oil gland orifices or channels that may cause styes. Use protective eyewear to help reduce the exposure. Use lubrication eye drops or eye rinses if something gets in your eye.

Last updated Oct 31, 2013