Largo, FL

would a brain mri show and un ruptured aneurysm? would one appear in a month? pregnant with ehlers danlos hypermobility developed ice pick headache.

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Highly likely: Rather than a standard mri, you should have a mra or ct with angiography. These modalities are able to detect aneurysms as small as 2mm. As a pt with ehlers-danlos and pregnancy, you likely know that you are at high risk. Make sure you are being taken care of by a perinatologist (expert in pregnancy) who can assist you in order screening exams, monitoring pregnancy for safe, healthy mom ; baby.