i had a strong reaction to nickel for a patch test. i get rashes and itch all over my legs, arms, back and not where watches etc touch my skin. why?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Brock Andersen
17 years experience Dermatology
Nickel Allergy: Are you sure there is nickel in your watch/jewelry? Stainless steel (back of many watches) contains no nickel, and should not cause you a problem. Some jewelry is purposely made without nickel these days also.
Answered on May 6, 2015
2
Dr. Vicki Levine
41 years experience Dermatology
cannot be sure: It is possible that the back of your watch is made of stainless steel and that is why you are not reacting to it.
Answered on Oct 27, 2013
1