U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Francisco, CA
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have a large red swollen part of my skin for about 2 days now that itches and has a bug bite in it. i just want to know if i should be worried?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Pain Management 14 years experience
Could be: Mrsa infection which people commonly mistake for spider/bug bites. See your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 31, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.