A male asked:

about ten days ago, i woke up with a red, dry, blistery, swollen face. it seems to be in the crevices of my cheeks, and around my nose, it burns at time and itches. the skin is drying up and that makes it more painful, i have tried pure aloe vera plant g

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Seward
21 years experience Dermatology
I : I agree you should see a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment options. Most likely it is seborrheic dermatitis, but any of the conditions listed by dr. Christenson are possible. Read for about seborrheic dermatitis below. I hope that helps.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Stephen Christensen
I'm : I'm sorry you're having troubles with this rash. There are several conditions that cause facial rashes, and sometimes it's necessary to have a physician evaluate your rash to distinguish one cause from another. The "malar rash" of lupus (an autoimmune disease) typically involves the cheeks and the bridge of your nose; sometimes the eyelids are also involved.This rash can be very scaly and tender, and it tends to get worse with sun exposure or stress. Rosacea, a chronic skin disorder whose cause is unknown, can also cause scaling, blistering, and swelling. Its distribution differs slightly from the malar rash of lupus (see link below). Rosacea typically involves a broader area of the face, including the chin, cheeks, forehead, and nose. Your eyes can also be affected. People with rosacea tend to be "blushers." seborrheic dermatitis is a condition that causes redness and flaking of the face (eyelids, eyebrows, creases beneath the nose) and scalp. Other body regions can also be affected. The rash of seborrhea tends to be red, oily and flaky. Contact dermatitis is caused by sensitivity to irritating substances, such as essential oils, harsh soaps, and certain cosmetics. This rash, which can be red, blistery, and flaky, occurs in areas where sensitizing substances have been applied. Treatment for these conditions differs. For example, corticosteroid creams (such as hydrocortisone) may improve contact dermatitis, but they can worsen rosacea; the malar rash of lupus usually resolves when the lupus is treated; and so on. If your rash hasn't cleared and you haven't seen your doctor yet, i suggest you do so. Good luck! http://www.Healthy-skin-guide.Com/rosacea-a-symptom-of-lupus.Html.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
3