do dietary changes greatly affect digestive system?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Colon and Rectal Surgery 42 years experience
Very: Much so. Diet and fluids can affect digestive system tremendously.

Will my baby's feeding schedule change if I switch to bottle-feeding?

Dr. Michael Coogan
No: The feeding schedule won't change just because you switch from nursing to formula. However, if your nursing schedule has been more of a "demand" schedule, this may not be as convenient once you switch to the bottle. So, you may want to change to a more rigid schedule in line with traditional mealtimes.

How do I change my baby boy's diaper?

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Carefully!: Boys and girls have the same diapering requirements and use the same diapers. The only difference is boys can aim! never leave your baby on a changing table, even for a moment. Lay them down, open their diaper, hold their feet up and wipe their bottoms. Remove the dirty diaper and place a clean diaper under them. Use some barrier ointment to protect their skin, if desired, and seal 'em up!

Is it safe to change the littler box while pregnant?

Dr. Erin Alward
No: Cats can carry a parasite that can cause toxoplasmosis. We can get it from being exposed to the animal's feces. If you are infected for the first time while you are pregnant, you can pass the disease to the baby. Toxoplasmosis can cause birth defects, such as hearing loss, vision problems, or mental retardation. So it's best to have someone else clean out the litter box.

What nail changes can I expect while pregnant?

Dr. Danielle Salhany
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Growth: Many women notice one pleasant side effect of pregnancy is faster growth of hair and fingernails. Certainly the extra nutrients in your prenatal vitamins might also have something to do with it. But in the meantime, pamper yourself with an manicure!

How does sexual libido change in women with age?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Waxs young,wanes old: Libido "waxes"(pre-menopausally) with lubrication and desire and "wanes" post-menopausally due to a decline of testosterone which comprises 2% of women's natural hormones. Some women never notice any changes in libido as the adrenal glands are the main sources of their testosterone rather than the declining ovary post-menopausally.

Last updated Mar 3, 2013