U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

I just found out that i have ulcer of the upper digestive system and the pain is so unbearable i can't help it but i'm on medication?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Ulcer pain: If you have a peptic ulcer of the duodenum or the stomach and have severe pain despite avoiding spicey foods, caffeine,alcohol,aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen or Aleve, and are taking proper doses of ppi medication like omeprazole or nexium, I recommend consulting a gastroenterologist as complications like a penetrating ulcer or pancreatitis are a concern. Take maalox also
Last updated Nov 25, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.