I have strep on one side and on that side my guns are swollen and sensitive, so are my teeth. can't chew. could flossing push strep into my gums?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Please see dentist!: It sounds like you really need to see a dentist asap. From your symptoms you may already have an infection going on, and more than flossing is needed to treat it. Please don't wait, because it could get worse.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Mchugh
See a doctor now: Unless you have seen a dentist recently , have had a culture or have seen an M.D. , you should seek dental treatment immediately. It certainty sounds like an infection but antibiotics, visual and x-rays are necessary to determine what type of infection you have and how to treat it. However, cleaning the area and flossing are always a good idea.
Last updated Dec 3, 2014