my obgyn doctor left a message on my phone. ahe said, "good news your hormone level has gone up". what does that mean?

Dr. Wendy Askew
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
impossible to say: But, it sounds like you are early pregnant. If that is the case and your doctor had you get your pregnancy hormone levels tested, a rise in your hormone levels (usually a doubling of the amount) is an early positive sign that the pregnancy is progressing normally, and will hopefully not result in a miscarriage. Lots of hormone levels can be checked but that's the most common scenario i can think.
Answered on Oct 12, 2013