U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Orange, VA
A 17-year-old female asked:

Can a doctor prescribe epipen (epinephrine) jr vs regular epipen (epinephrine) for an adult if they have a "mild anaphalactic" reaction?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 36 years experience
No: Epipens (epinephrine) are only used to treat severe allergic reactions. Which one the patient should use depends on the patients weight, not the severity of the allergic reaction.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.