Germany

i take ritalin (methylphenidate) (40mg), have occasional pvcs and pacs, but all tests (ekg, 24h ekg, ultrasound, etc) were normal. dr says anxiety/panic. what to do?

Dr. Raju Indukuri
High dose ?: Try and reduce the dose of Ritalin (methylphenidate) by 10 mg at a time. It should reduce some of the anxiety you are experiencing.
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Ritalin (methylphenidate) / Stimulant : Used for add/adhd, narcolepsy. It increases norepinephrine and Dopamine concentration in brainstem, midbrain and frontal cortex with resultant improvement in daily living skills. Cardiovascular side effects: increased heart rate/ bp, arrhythmia, chest pain. Anxiety is one contraindication to use ritalin (methylphenidate). If your pac, PVC and anxiety is of resent onset after starting ritalin (methylphenidate), get second opinion.
Dr. Travis Hansen
Child Psychiatry 21 years experience
See a psychiatrist.: Psychiatrists are trained to evaluate and treat exactly what you desribed/asked. While there are many reasons you could be having pvcs and pacs the results so far are encouraging. There are a number of treatment options for anxiety and panic.