can i eat citrus while taking lisinopril or felodipine?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
yes, but: Don't take them with grapefruit juice.

Is it safe to take lisinopril during pregnancy?

Dr. Erin Alward
No: Ideally, Lisinopril (and other ace-inhibitors, usually end in -pril) should stopped before trying to get pregnant. But if you find out you are pregnant and are taking it, stop taking it and call your doctor. Lisinopril can cause some congenital malformations in early pregnancy and kidney problems in later pregnancy. Babies exposed to Lisinopril will need extra monitoring mainly with ultrasounds.

I was just prescribed lisinopril is it more effectice to take with or without food?

Dr. Jared Fialkow
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
ACE and food: Lisinopril is equally effective with or without food. Food does not effect how well it works or is absorbed.

Can lisinopril cause my nocturia?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Lisnopril: Yes if you are taking it at night it can.If you are start taking it in the morning and you will not have nocturia let me know if I am right.

Is 20mgs of lisinopril equal to 10 mgs of altace ?

Dr. Jared Fialkow
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
ACE: There is not a direct correlation with doses between different ace inhibitors. If switching from one to another, i often start at the lowest or intermediate dose of the new medication to see how someone will respond.

What's the difference between lisinopril and cozaar (losartan)?

Dr. Mark Gabelman
Cardiology 41 years experience
ACE VS ARB: Lisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor which blocks the conversion of angiotensin 1 to 2, Cozaar (losartan) is an angiotensin receptor blocker which directly blocks the effect of angiotensin. They both are available generically, may protect kidney function especially in diabetics, and lower blood pressure as well as help patients with decreased heart pumping function.