San Francisco, CA

I dropped by macbook pro on my foot last night and it hurts more than this kind of thing usually does. how long should i wait before seeing a doctor?

Dr. Steven Hebert
Pathology 29 years experience
See a doctor: If the pain persists there is a chance you have a fracture. Please see a doctor and get evaluated.
Dr. Ejiro Isiorho
Podiatry 8 years experience
Painful : I would suggest you see a doctor sooner rather than later. If there is a fracture there is a chance of you displacing and doing further damage!
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
Waited long enough: See a podiatrist for an x-ray and examination to determine the extent of the damage.
Dr. Adam Ringler
Podiatry 18 years experience
Foot injury: Most of the time, the pain should improve over the first day or 2. If you're unable to walk than x-rays may be necessary. Apply ice to the area and take anti-inflammatory medication and if the pain persists for more than 2 or 3 days without improvement, then treatment with a specialist should be considered.

Last updated Sep 26, 2016