U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 55-year-old female asked:

I have antisynthetase syndrome and associated ild. 3 months ago pft was ok (not worsen), i dry cough more often lately. should i see apulmonologist?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Allergy and Immunology 43 years experience
Interstitial lung dz: Yes. You should see a pulmonologist regularly for this condition. They will help you remain aware of any new or existing medications that may help your symptoms and can help you manage and maximize your lung functions with helpful things like the right amount of exercise or eventually oxygen, if needed.
Last updated Apr 29, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.