A member asked:

Cardiologists treat cardiac conditions & pulmonologists treat lung diseases. what is the name of the type of specialist who treats sirs (systemic inflammatory response syndrome)?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Satyanarayan Hegde answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Pulmonology

Sirs is a serious illness usually requiring intensive medical care. In the adult world, most pulmonologists are also intensivists since they get dual qualification. However in pediatrics, pulmonology and intensive care are two separate specialties. Another name for intensivist: critical care specialist.

Answered Apr 11, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Mark Sorrentino answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Typically an intensivist or an id specialist.

Answered May 17, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor