A member asked:

My shins hurt quite a bit when i run or jog. is there any way to prevent the pain?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Robert Purchase answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Couple possibilities: Based on the information available, i believe the most likely diagnostic possibilities include shin splints, medial tibial stress syndrome, exercise induced compartment syndrome, or a stress fracture. The treatments for each are different. See an orthopedist for an evaluation.

Answered 9/13/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

Subsequent to running or move around quickly, my shins hurt?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question