U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bloomingburg, NY
A 60-year-old female asked:

I have ptsd from being hit by a bus ans assaulted by bus driver. it's been two years. what can i do to get well?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Psychiatry 58 years experience
Therapist w exp PTSD: You should be seeing a therapist with experience in treating people with ptsd. There are various techniques including meds which are helpful. Settling any lawsuits also can move things along towards recovery.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Therapy: It is most likely in your best interests to seek the help of a local therapist who can discuss your problem with you and determine a course of treatment so that you can get your life back on track. Feel better soon...
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
See you are on : Medications to include zoloft (sertraline) and klonopin. It is very important that psychiatric medications be combined with non-medication therapy. There are many options to include: cognitive processing therapy, emdr, psychotherapy, group therapy ; exposure therapy. Take care.
Last updated Oct 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.