United Kingdom
A 42-year-old female asked:

I have had a chalazion for 6 weeks. i tried applying hot compresses but not disappearing. my doctor wont help unless it gets bigger. how can i cure it?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 36 years experience
Steroid injection: A small chalazion can be improved with an injection of steroids into the middle of it. Discuss this with your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.