while i brush my teeth, i notice that my gums are bleeding.i don't have any dental problems and have never visited a dentist before. what are the causes for this?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Reena Gupta
18 years experience Dentistry
See dentist : Bleeding of gums can be from various reasons but most common is gingivitis ...Which can cause gum bleeding..If not flossing or having regular cleaning...Get it checked by a dental professional..
Answered on Sep 29, 2013
Dr. Anthony D'Amico
53 years experience Dentistry
Periodontitis: The precious answer is definitely correct. You don't state your age, but an infection of the gums (gingivitis) till, in time, spread to the underlying bone, causing infection, bone loss, loose teeth and loss of teeth. Bleeding accompanies this disease also.
Answered on Jan 15, 2016
1
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
40 years experience General Practice
Gingivitis: Chances are that you need to have your teeth cleaned. Plaque which is a combination of bacteria, food particles, and dead cells builds up on the teeth around the edge of the gum tissue. This causes the gum tissue to get irritated. When you brush your teeth this irritated tissue bleeds easily. If this plaque stays on your teeth long enough, it can mineralize and become hard. See a dentist soon.
Answered on May 11, 2014
1